The Gesell Developmental Observation-Revised (GDO-R) assessment system, updated with new technical data, strand scoring, and performance levels, also contains new materials that will make each administration more efficient and user-friendly.
The in-depth training is offered at sites across the nation for new, and experienced, users alike. Three different workshops, and recertification workshops are available:
Individual Participants in our Pre-Scheduled Trainings
- GDO-R for 2 ½-6 Year Olds $549.00 (3-days)
- GDO-R for 6-9 Year Olds $249.00 (webinar only; Prior completion of 2 ½-6 Year Olds required)
- GDO-R for 2 ½-9 Year Olds $719.00 (3-days + webinar package)
- Gesell Ages and Stages Introduction $99.00 (In depth professional development opportunity. Attend the first day only of GDO-R for 2 ½-6 Year Olds and learn the history and foundation of Gesell’s developmental approach.)
Private GDO-R Group Workshops
Often schools and early childhood education centers prefer to hold a private group training, for their staff only. This could be as a team building PD exercise or because it is more cost efficient or because our currently scheduled dates do not match your needs. We would love to schedule a private GDO-R training with you.
The Private GDO-R Group Rate is $4,490 plus travel fees for the first 10 participants, and $395 for each additional participant over 10.
To schedule a Private GDO-R training for your group, please contact Erin Akers, National Director of Education and Development
Recertification Workshops – required every 5 years to maintain certification:
- GDO-R Recertification Course for 2 ½-6 Year Olds $449.00 (3-days)
- GDO-R Recertification Course for 6-9 Year Olds $149.00 (webinar only)
- GDO-R Recertification Course for 2 ½-9 Year Olds $619.00 (3-days + webinar package)
In order to be eligible for Recertification, you must have completed a previous GDO-R training within the last 5 years. Due to evolving research and responsive adjustments to our curriculum, individuals trained more than 5 years prior to the date of their recertification must register as a beginner participant, and are not eligible for recertification discounts or programs.
Participants will be trained in the administration, scoring and analysis of the GDO-R to empirically discern developmental age and plan developmentally appropriately learning activities.
Gesell Developmental Observation-Revised (GDO-R) 2.5 – 6 Year Old workshops run from 8:30AM – 4:00PM. Highlights from each day include a comprehensive overview of developmental age and its implications for learning; hands-on administration, scoring and analysis of the screener; and live demonstrations of the GDO-R on three differently-aged children.
Certificates of completion are provided for participants who attend all three days of the workshop. Find out more about CEUs/Graduate Credit.